When working with work items, sometimes it is useful to send the results of a work item query to other people. Even people from outside of your development team.
For example the customer wants to know the status of his bugs and does not have access to your systems.
In this case you can use the mail functionality of TFS 2010. You can either use the Web Access Client or Visual Studio to send your emails.
Web Access Client
- Go to your web access client. http://tfsserver:8080/tfs/web and navigate to the Work Items Tab.
- Open a Work Item Query
- When the results are visible open the Tools Dropdown list and select Email All Work Items as a List
A pop up window appears with all the work items. Here you can add email adresses and additional text. Press Send to send the list.
- Open Visual Studio and the Team Explorer
- Navigate to the query and open it
- In the Query Results Press Open in Microsoft Office and choose Send Query to Outlook.
Hope this helps!