Visual Studio 2013 has just launched. In the meanwhile a great number of bloggers and MVP’s have written great posts about the new features in the VS 2013 RC
I will update this post with the latest links. Make sure you keep posted!
Here you find an overview of a number of these posts.
- S. Somasegar: Announcing the Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate
- Steve “Guggs” Guggenheimer: Download Windows 8.1 RTM, Visual Studio 2013 RC and Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM Today
- Blogging Windows: Getting Windows 8.1 RTM bits
- In The Cloud (Brad Anderson): Ready Now for TNS & MSDN: Download Windows Server 2012 R2
- Brian Harry: Visual Studio 2013 & TFS 2013 RC is available
- Brian Harry: Team Foundation Service Update – Sept 9
- Team Foundation Service: Team Foundation Service updates – Sep 9
- ALM Team: Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate now available for download
- Visual Studio Team: Visual Studio 2013 RC available now!
- LightSwitch Team: Announcing LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate!
- .NET Team: Announcing the .NET Framework 4.5.1 RC
- Visual C++: Visual Studio 2013 RC Now Available
- TypeScript: Visual Studio 2013 RC
- .NET Web Development & Tools: Announcing release of ASP.NET and Web Tools for Visual Studio 2013 RC
- Scott Hanselman: Visual Studio 2013 RC for Web Developers – One ASP.NET, Browser Link, and our Direction
- Social media & related websites: VS Twitter, VS Facebook, VS Dev Center, Windows Dev Center, MSDN Library, ASP.NET, Python Tools for VS
- What’s new in VS2013 RC – Martin Hinshelwood
- Upgrading TFS 2013 Preview to VS 2013 RC – Martin Hinshelwood
- Integrate SharePoint 2013 with TFS 2013 – Martin Hinshelwood
- Lightweight Work Item Charts – Colin Dembovsky
- Ed Blankenship announcement – Ed Blankenship
- What’s new in TFS 2013 Web based testing
- Lightweight charting in TFS 2013 – Gian Maria Ricci
- Exploring Work Item Charting – Colin Beales
- “What’s New” pages on Microsoft.com & MSDN Library
- Channel9 VS Toolbox Video: Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate
- VS 2013 system requirements and platform compatibility
- Brian Keller’s VS 2013 Preview Virtual Machine
- VS 2013 powertools
Editions and Licenses
- Connect (for bugs) & VS Feedback Tool (for bugs filed from within VS)
- UserVoice (for ideas/suggestions)
- Forums (for Q&A)
- Support (for in-production use only)
- You can also use “Send-A-Smile” from the top-right corner of the VS IDE, to send general thoughts on the release
Common questions about Visual Studio 2013 RC:
Q: Can I upgrade from Preview to RC?
- A: Yes! You can install RC on the same machine as the Preview and the installer will handle the upgrade for you. More information is available here.
Q: Will I be able to upgrade to RTM when it is released later this year?
- A: Yes. More information is available here.
Q: Is this a “go live” release?
- A: Yes, this is a “go live” release which means you can run this in a production environment.